Monday, November 19, 2012

October Afternoon Challenge

I'm excited to share a little friendly challenge today between myself and HB (fellow Minnesota blogger/cardmaker). Last month, I was fortunate enough to attend the October Afternoon Warehouse sale and while standing in line waiting to get in I happened to see HB from Happiness Blooms. We attended a Copic Certification class together a couple of years ago at ScrapFest and so it was really great to see her. While we were chatting we decided a friendly challenge to push us to use our newly acquired supplies might be fun. So today's challenge was to use the October Afternoon Cakewalk collection.

I enjoyed using the Cakewalk papers so much that I ended up making a couple of cards for the challenge. For my first project, I went with a tag card. I made one for my daughter's birthday several years ago and I thought it would be fun to try making another.

The tag is cut 4 1/2 x 10", scored every 2 1/2", the corners clipped off and accordian folded. I used a variety of papers from the 8x8 Cakewalk collection and a 12x12 piece of Hula Hoop to create the base. The sentiments are from Paper Smooches Hullabaloo set.

I love the little critters on the Kazoo papers. I just cut them out and mounted them on the card with foam dimensionals.


 
For the next card I used the Paper Smooches Hullabaloo set again. I stamped the cupcake image with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored it with Copics to match the background papers.

 
Finally I made this quick card by cutting out a variety of circles and another of the images from the Kazoo paper.



I hope you've enjoyed my projects and our little challenge. I can't wait to see what HB made. Don't forget to check out her blog Happiness Blooms.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love your tag card, this is so adorable!

Basement Stamper said...

Your tag card is darling and love those papers you chose for it. I love that card and kicking myself as I think I sold the CHF set that had this similar cupcake.

Carol (HB) said...

OMG! Your projects are A-DORABLE! I absolutely love the tag card! I love them all!

Isn't it funny that we both made 3 things! and we both did a birthday card for one of our kids!
We need to do this again!

Holly Saveur said...

Super cute and sweet!