Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sympathy Cards

I had a request from a friend for some sympathy cards so I pulled out the Papertrey Ink Botanical Silhouettes set and got to work. I started with a piece of PTI Rustic Cream cardstock that I stamped with a Glitz Distressing text stamp using Latte ink from A Muse Studio. Next I stamped the flower stems with SU River Rock and the flowers with Cameo Coral. The sentiment is stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. Finally I sponged Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges of the panel before adding some hand-dyed seam binding and button. The seam binding was dyed with Tea Rose Distress Ink and a drop or two of Fired Brick Distress Ink.
 I was so pleased with how the first card turned out that I made a second card with the same supplies with the exception of the flower stamp (also from the Botanical Silhouette set).
 Thanks so much for stopping. I hope you're having a wonderful week. Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, these are absolutely stunning!

Basement Stamper said...

both cards are gorgeous, love the colors of them!

Holly Saveur said...

Stunning and gorgeous..love their soft look!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful cards. I love how you stamped so many layers, simple and very effective. Congrats on making the Papercrafts Designer Blog Roll!