Tuesday, March 1, 2011

MFT Sketch Challenge

Today's card is based on the MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge 8. You can see the sketch on My Favorite Things Blog here. I used my My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Gertie papers along with some avocado cardstock and a kraft base. I used both the Polka Dot Greetings Die and Stamp Set and the Textile Rectangle Die all from MFT. The pearl flourishes were made using pearlized 3D paint on a transparency.
I love the look of all the pearl flourishes that are available on the market these days but in an attempt to be frugal I thought I would try making my own with some 3D paint and a transparency.  I'm pretty pleased with how they turned especially since I had all the supplies on hand.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're having a great day. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful card and I love you created your own embellishments!