Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sweet Hearts Valentines

Ok, the other day (see post here) I told you the Sweet Hearts set from Clear and Simple Stamps is great for non-Valentines Day cards but today let's focus on more valentines. For the first card I stamped the little heart background stamp on the top of the card with Old Paper Distress Ink, ran some red cord around the card, then stamped the heart and sentiment with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink on a scrap of designer paper. Next I inked the edges of the scrap with Distress Ink Vintage photo and mounted it to the card with pop dots. For the finishing touch I added three gemstones to the heart. Very simple card but I really like the end result.

For the second card I pulled out the Bittersweet collection of papers from Basic Grey, some Stampin Up glitters and Studio G flocking.

I really should put some of these valentine cards that I've made in the mail so others can appreciate them.  Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

both cards are very cute, love the little tree one!

Simone P. said...

These are very cute~

Lori said...

Fabulous designs! Love the clean and simple look of the first and the fun texture on the second.