Friday, November 13, 2009

Sneak Peak: Ski Darling

Clear and Simple Stamps will be having it's latest release on Sunday, November 15th so how about a sneak peak of the Ski Darling set that will be released on Sunday.


Isn't she just adorable?! And I love all of the extra stamps like her skis and boots and ski poles. So fun! After making the card I thought I should try making an ornament with the set so I pulled out some small tins that I had and got to work.



I used my Nestabilities circles to make the My Mind's Eye piece for the background in the tin. Then I stamped the Darling, her poles, and her skis and colored them with Copics. These pieces were then cut out and mounted at different heights using pop dots. I added some Diamond Dust in the tin to make it a shaker ornament.  To attached the cord so it can be hung I wrapped scor-tape around the tin and applied the lavender ribbon to it and tied it in a bow at the top then threaded the cord under the bow and tied it.



 Thanks so much for stopping by. And don't forget to visit the rest of the CSS Design Team for more samples and sneak peaks.


Supplies for Ski Darling Card
  • Stamps: Ski Darling from Clear and Simple Stamps (releasing November 15th)
  • Paper: Kraft, Neenah White, My Mind's Eye
  • Ink: Distress Ink Antique Linen, SU Orchid Opulence, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Misc: Nestabilities, Circle punch, Scallop border punch, Word Window punch, Copics
Supplies for the Ski Darling Ornament
  • Stamps: Ski Darling from Clear and Simple Stamps (releasing November 15th)
  • Paper: Neenah White, My Mind's Eye
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Antique Linen
  • Misc: Tin, Nestabilities, Diamond Dust, Ribbon, Cord, Pop dots, Copics (E37, E00, E02, V0000, V01)

3 comments:

Susie said...

Awesome projects. Love how you have all of the skiing items on the card. Cool ornament.

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, both are adorable! Love the purples and the ornament is very cool.

Nicki (CSS) said...

Seriously way too cute for words! That ornament rocks!