Friday, February 6, 2009

Studio G Owl

I had a 50% off coupon for Michael's that I needed to use before it expired and I had my eye on Prima's "The First Blush" paper pack so I ran to Michael's last night. While browsing the store I found this cute Studio G Owl stamp in the $1 bin and had to add it to my basket. The Prima paper pack was on sale so I ended up giving my coupon to the gal in line behind me. She was thrilled.

When I got home I pulled out my Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink, some Choc Chip cardstock, a variety of papers and made some cards with my new owl stamp. I kept the same layout for all of the cards and just changed up the designer papers.

For the first card I used papers from BasicGrey's Urban Prairie collection. Next I pulled out Cosmo Cricket's My Campy line of papers and finally cut in to them. I also used the Pocket full of Posies line from DCWV and my new Prima The First Blush collection of papers. The edges of the papers were sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and white gel pen was used for the wing and nose detail on the owls.

I think I'll get a lot of use from this cute little owl.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Studio G
  • Ink - Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan, Distress Ink Vintage Photo
  • Paper - Choc Chip, BasicGrey, Cosmo Cricket, DCWV, Prima
  • Misc - White gel pen, Ribbon, Buttons

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cute, Beth! Great stamp. Gotta love the 50% off coupons, for sure! (Except when everything is on sale.) I've given away plenty of them, too:)

Kay Kalthoff said...

Hoot, Hoot! Totally cute!!

Elena said...

Hi Beth, thanks for stopping by my blog! I love you're stampy creations and I wholeheartedly agree..."you're never too old to color!"

Broni said...

What a great set of cards! They're perfect for anyone or any occasion!