Thursday, December 4, 2008

Howdy Billy!

After making the round nestie card the other day I was inspired to make a long scalloped rectangle card. For the card base I folded a piece of Kraft cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug with the scallop rectangle nestie leaving the fold out of the nestie. Then I ran a complete rectangle of Kraft through my nestie and embossed it. This was then glued to the card base so the front side of the rectangle is complete. I sponged the edges with Vintage photo distress ink to help accent the embossing.

Next I stamped Billy from Pink Cat Studio, colored him with copics and cut him out. The strip of Riding Hood Red was run through the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder and then brushed with a white craft inkpad to highlight the dots. The edges of the panel were also sponged with the white. The grungeboard star was colored with a copic and then hit with a heat tool before dragged it across the white craft inkpad to lighten it up a bit. The little HOWDY tag was attached to the star with a large eyelet.


Supplies:
  • Stamps - Pink Cat Studio Billy Plate #1
  • Ink - Archival Black
  • Paper - SU Kraft, Riding Hood Red, White
  • Misc - Copics, Nestabilities, Swiss Dot folder, Grungeboard, Eyelet, Crop-o-dile

3 comments:

Chris said...

I get your blog updates by google reader but wanted to pop in and tell you how darn cute this is!! You really do such nice work!!

Melissa said...

This is adorable, great job!!

Lynette said...

So cute, Beth!