Monday, November 17, 2008

Serenity

I was looking at the Hero Arts Blog the other day was inspired to pull out my distress inks and make some background papers. I love the Serenity stamp from Artistic Outpost paired with this type of background.

I layed Ranger Distress inks (shabby shutters, old paper, vintage photo) on my craft sheet, spritzed them with water and dragged the paper through the ink to create the background. More details on the technique are available on this post. After I inked the serenity stamp with Walnut Stain Distress Ink I ran my brayer over it to even out the ink before stamping the image.

Supplies:
  • Stamps - Serenity from Artistic Outpost
  • Ink - Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Aged Paper, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain
  • Paper - SU Vanilla, Choc Chip, Old Olive, Striped DP
  • Misc - Prima, Button, Hemp

4 comments:

Tami H said...

Wow...beautiful!

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous, Beth!! I love the colors, the design, the awesome accent piece. Beautiful!! Hugs!
Kay

Broni said...

What a gorgeous, rustic card! The flower/button embellishment is just right for this layout and style!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Beth