Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bring on the cupcakes

Did you see Julia Stainton's Sweetie Pie card? It inspired me to make this cupcake card. I stamped the cupcakes on SU Very Vanilla with Archival ink and colored them with Copics. Next I ran some Cosmo Cricket paper through my cuttlebug with my new Nesties (Labels 1). I mounted the cupcakes to the label with pop dots and then added glossy accents to the frosting portion of the cupcakes and sprinkled them with glitter.

Next I made a vanilla card base and added some layers of Cosmo Cricket papers with a strip of SU designer paper. I added a strip of lace that I found at a garage sale this summer and used my Dymo label maker (also found at a garage sale) to make the tag.

I always get a little sad when rummage sale season comes to an end but I think it helps me appreciate it more when spring rolls around and it's time to go bargain hunting again. The temperature is 12 right now so it's definitely not rummage sale weather. The high for today is only 31 but on the up side, the ground is frozen enough that the dogs aren't muddy every time they go outside. Yeah!

Supplies:
  • Stamp - Baked with Love by Kim Hughes from Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink - Archival
  • Paper - SU Vanilla, DP pack (hostess), Cosmo Cricket
  • Misc - Nesties, Lace, Glitter, Glossy accents, Pop dots, Dymo label maker

3 comments:

Broni said...

This card is wonderful!! And every bit as lovely as Julia's!!!

Lynette said...

Super-cute, Beth! Great background paper, and awesome cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

very cool. I'm from DYMO and we're having a contest where you can submit your page. Info is here http://tinyurl.com/6ruyay