Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Envelope for Money Holder Card

Sorry for the delay in posting the envelope directions. If you're making the money holder cards, maybe you're already figured out the envelope but here they are just in case.

I started with a 8 1/2 x 8 3/4 inch piece of paper. With the 8 3/4 inch side against the top of my scor-pal, I scored 1/2 inch in on either end of the paper.

Next I rotated the paper so the 8 1/2 inch side was against the top of the scor-pal. Now slide the paper out to the 3/4 inch mark and score at both of the arrows that are marked (3 11/16 and 7 6/16).


For the next step I cut the 1/2 inch pieces off of either end leaving just the middle sections. I also used my corner rounder on the corners of the smaller flap.

Last step is to fold in the 1/2 inch tabs on the sides and fold up the 3 inch side and attach it to the 1/2 inch tabs to form your envelope. I decided to use some old 12x12 papers that I've had for years and keep the white on the outside and put the patterned side to the inside of the envelope. I really like the way it looks when it's put together and reveals the little bit of pattern when you open the flap.

Let me know if you make some of your own money holders and envelopes. Send me a link!

I hope you're having a wonderful week and are able to take some time for yourself!

Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

What a great idea to use up some of that "excess" paper a person might possibly have! Thanks for sharing!