Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SheetLoad of Cards

As mentioned in my last post, I really enjoy the SheetLoad of Cards eZine so I made time to use the sketch from the April issue to make some cards. All of the cards have the same basic layout using SU very vanilla bases, chocolate chip mats and patterned papers from My Mind's Eye. The first two cards feature one of the birds from the Inkadinkado set Birds Galore. I stamped the bird with Colorbox dark brown chalk ink on SU very vanilla, cut it out and mounted it with pop dots. The Sending love your way message is from the Hero Arts Birds and Messages set. Happy Birthday is from a retired SU set.

For the next card I used the Hero Arts Birds and Messages set again and added some distressing to the chocolate chip layers. I also added some ribbon to the card by using a bobby pin. It's a nice simple way to add some ribbon to a card without punching any holes to attach it. The image was stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and colored with SU reinkers and an aqua brush.
The next card uses a frog stamp from PaperSource. I stamped the frog with Timber Brown Stazon and colored him with SU reinkers and an aqua brush. Then I stamped the birthday greeting from Papertrey Ink's Faux Ribbon set in Warm Red Colorbox chalk ink and layered it using my Nestabilities.

The final card is my series uses my new Stampendous Changito stamp. When I saw this stamp I had to bring it home with me. I think it will get a lot of use at my house. Again the image is stamped with Timber Brown Stazon and colored with SU reinkers and an aqua brush. The message says "You are truly amazing" and I believe it's from Hero Arts. It's my brother's birthday today and I think this might be the card I bring him this evening. It seems pretty fitting for our relationship! Maybe I'll change the sentiment to "Mom always liked me best!" *giggle*
Thanks so much for stopping and checking out my creations. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, don't forget to send this in to sheetload.

wendyp said...

How cute is that frog card!!! Love it!

Louly said...

Wow I love all of these. Those papers look great.