Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fools Day!

Hopefully you haven't fallen victim to any pranks today in honor of April Fool's Day. I don't have any pranks for you today, just a couple of cards to share. I pulled out a sheet of My Mind's Eye paper and decided to try and use the whole sheet. I didn't want to plan out a One Sheet Wonder
so I just cut pieces and created layouts as I went along. For the first card I pulled out my retired SU Ladybuds set. I stamped the ladybug in SU True Thyme then colored her using SU Soft Sky and Certainly Celery reinkers and my aqua brush. I added some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen around the edge of the image and then used my corner rounder on two of the corners. I also rounded the same corners of the mats. The blue is the reverse side of the print and then a mat of chocolate from PaperSource. The base and image are SU Very Vanilla. For the finishing touch I used my cuttlebug to make a felt flower and added a button to the center.

For the next card I changed the layout and used SU Sassy Stems for my image. All of the other supplies are basically the same except instead of adding any embellishments I added a scalloped edge using my SU slit punch and I used another piece of My Mind's Eye paper for the layer with the lighter shade of green.
For the final card I used all the same papers again and another felt flower with a button center but I also paper pieced the girls outfit from Living Large. I colored her with reinkers and Copics. I didn't use up the entire sheet of paper but I will before I buy more!
We got a couple of inches of snow last evening but thankfully it has melted already. Now if the rest of it would melt and the lawn would dry up a little life would be great. I hate the mud season, especially with two large dogs. It's the season of constant bathing! Every time they go outside they have to be rinsed off when they come back in. They are very good about it and will both run to the tub and stand there while you rinse them and dry them off but it does take up a lot of time that could be spent stamping! For now though we still have mostly snow with a few spots of bare lawn waiting to become mud.
I hope you're all having a wonderful April 1st! Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Flying Lily said...

We needs more horse cards!! No April foolin about it.