Wednesday, March 19, 2008

More Rubbernecker for the Challenge


After several hours on the sofa again yesterday I went down to my craft room and pulled out some more Rubbernecker stamps to make another challenge card. The card base is SU Very Vanilla. I inked the Stamp Oasis Bushed Lily stamp with SU Cool Caribbean and then used my Old Olive marker to ink over the leaves on the stamp. After I stamped it on Very Vanilla I pulled out my aqua brush and some reinkers (Creamy Caramel, Taken with Teal and Old Olive) and did a little watercoloring. I sponged the edges with Cool Caribbean and mounted it on Creamy Caramel. Then I added an olive mat and one strip of Chocolate under the image panel. Finally I inked up the word Memories from the stamp - Memories keep those we love close forever - with Cool Caribbean and ran my Taken with Teal marker across the bottom before stamping. The edges of this piece are also sponged with Cool Caribbean and matted on Caramel. I added the larger brad to the tag and mounted it with pop dots. The final touch was the brown satin ribbon I found on clearance at Target.

I'm still not feeling great (sinus issues and terrible cough) but I'm so glad I don't have the flu and some of the other things that seem to be going around. I'm hoping a few more evenings on the sofa and I'll be better. Thanks so much for stopping! I hope you're all having a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving that blue flower!!!

Lesli said...

Beautiful card!