Monday, March 3, 2008

Fresh Fields

Did you see the fabulous card Julia Stainton made using a flower stamp, liquid applique and chalk . . . it's amazing. Here's a link to the card on her blog. I was inspired to try making a card using the bottle of liquid applique that I bought a couple of months ago and still hadn't opened. I used my Penny Black Fresh Fields stamped in Olive Pastel Colorbox Chalk ink on white cardstock. Then I painted all of the flowers with White Liquid Applique. After I "puffed" the liquid applique with my heat gun I brushed some pastel blue chalk over the flowers. I added some warm grey copic shadows and colored the background in with a pale yellow copic.



For the matting, I went with white and olive green and stitched around the one set of mats for some extra detail. For the finishing touch I stamped the sentiment ($1 stamp from Michaels) in Olive Pastel. I love the texture the liquid applique gives to the flowers and using chalk to give it some color is perfect. Thanks for the great ideas Julia!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is just lovely! So fresh! Love your applique and stitching! Thanks so much for linking my design. Have an awesome day!

Julia