Friday, February 8, 2008

Valentine Treats

Chocolates anyone?


We're having a Valentine Luncheon at work and I thought it would be nice to bring a little something for everyone. I heard yesterday that 30 people had RSVP'd so I got busy making some little favors. I knew I wanted to add labels to the Hershey nuggets but in order to see the labels on the chocolates I decided to use transparencies instead of patterned paper for my holders. I cut white cardstock into 2 x 2.5 inch pieces and then cut out 2.5 inch circles out of transparencies. I scored the circles in half and glued them to the base. Next I punched a hole in the top of each circle for the ribbon. For the labels I used the You're so sweet set from Clear Dollar stamps with Colorbox chalk rouge, warm red and maroon. I used a variety of ribbons to tie them shut.

The directions for these little candy holders can be found on Nichole Heady's blog {capture the moment}.

My daughter (17) , my niece (22) and I are going to go to a movie this evening so I'm looking forward to that. They are forecasting more cold weather for the weekend which I'm not looking forward to but I know that spring will eventually making it here. Just not for another couple of months. . . maybe April. Happy Friday everyone and thank you for stopping.

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, how sweet of you, everyone at work will be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Oh these are absolutely adorable!! I love them!!