Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Monkey Business

Sorry it's been so long. It's a shame when life gets in the way of stamping and blogging. he he

Here are a couple of cards I made using my Hero Arts Playful Animals set again because I thought it would go great with the fun Love, Elsie (Lola collection) papers and cardstock stickers that I won as blog candy from SmilynStef's blog (Ingenious Inkling). For both cards I stamped the monkeys on white with chestnut roan colorbox chalk ink and colored them with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. For the top card I stamped the vines in olive pastel colorbox chalk ink on white and cut them out. Then I stamped the leaves on green paper with the same olive pastel ink and cut those out as well. I mounted the monkey scene on a large Love, Elsie sticker and mounted it on a mat of lavendar. I inked the edges with brown to give it a little pop. I inked the edges of the other layers on the card then added the three small stickers to the right of the main image with brown matting. I thought the stickers worked well for the layout. This card uses almost the same supplies except I used pink (the bright pink from SU) for my card base. I added a row of paper piercing to the bottom and used my ticket punch on the corners then stamped the Yippee! on the patterned paper. This card is bright but I think it would work well as a birthday card for a young person. Thanks so much for the great blog candy Stef! I love it! And thanks to you for stopping by!

No comments: