Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hibiscus from Inque Boutique

Today I have some lovely hibiscus cards to share since I'm getting tired of winter and wanted to color some nice cheery flowers for a change. I pulled out my Always Tat set from Inque Boutique and stamped the hibiscus a couple of times on watercolor paper and colored them in using my SU watercolor wonder crayons and an aqua painter. For the first card I matted the flower on SU only orange cardstock and then I ran some scraps of yellow through my cuttlebug with my nestabilities to create a scalloped border. Then I added a scrap of My Mind's Eye paper to the wild wasabi card base. For the finishing touch I added the faux brad. It's really a thumb tack with the back removed.


For the second card I went with a white base and added a layer of Red with an orange mat. Before attaching them to the card I sewed around the edges a couple of times and tied a ribbon around the side. Next I added the happy birthday rub on from Making memories then I matted the flower with more red and orange cardstock. Lastly I added the scalloped frame over the flower using dimensionals. I made the frame by using my scalloped round nestabilities and then running it through the machine again using just the plain circle nestabilities die. I like the way it draws your eye to the flower on the card. I think I'll try working more frames into my cards.

As always, thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are so pretty, love your colors and how you spotlighted the flower on your second card.