Friday, January 4, 2008

One Layer Valentine

I tend not to make one layer cards because I generally don't think they look finished enough but now that I have purchased some beautiful note cards I am planning to do more one layer cards. I really think the key to one layer cards is having a beautiful base card.

For this card I stamped the heart flowers from Studio G in Palette hybrid black and colored with reinkers. I also stamped the thank you saying from the Stampin Up Simply Said set. For finishing touches I added icicle stickles to the hearts and tied May Arts ribbon around the card front.

I purchased the note cards from Paper Depot in Minneapolis. I don't no who makes them as they are sold by the pound and there are no labels on the shelves.

Thanks so much for stopping.

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this card is lovely, so elgeant.

Kay Kalthoff said...

Hi Beth -
Wow! When did you get to Paper Depot??? Were you in town and I didn't know about it! lol!
Gorgeous, gorgeous card!

QuiltNut Creations said...

very pretty!