Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long time no post

Sorry, I didn't realize I haven't posted since Sunday. I am sitting here right now waiting for my camera battery to charge to I can take some pictures of the two projects I made this morning. I knew there was a reason I have started waking up at 4 am. It's so I can spend some time in my craftroom uninterrupted while everyone else in the house is sleeping (except the cat, who figures if I'm awake it must be time to eat so he wanders around the room meowing in hopes that I'll feed him).

I ran to Michael's last night by myself and just took my time wandering around the store. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to rush my way through the store so it was a real treat to just be able to leisurely check out all of the aisles. One of the things I found was a small metal tub for $1. It rang up at 60 cents so it was an even better find! I used it this morning for one of my projects.




I pulled out some floral wires and cut them assorted lengths and then I bent one end of each wire into a W shape to work as a foot so the heart would stand on it's own when set in the tub. Next I got out a variety of Cosmo Cricket papers and cut out 2 hearts from each print. I put two strips of tacky tape on each heart and sandwiched them onto the wire. I added some May Arts ribbon to each heart flower and more to the metal tub. I used my crop-o-dile to punch holes and set eyelets in the tub and then ran the ribbon through the eyelets for the bow on the front. For the finishing touch I filled the tub with valentine kisses. I'm hoping to be back later today with the other project I did this morning.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments: