Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Double Challenge Card

The sketch challenge on Splitcoast today is perfect for using the Try a New Technique challenge from Monday so I made a card using both challenges this morning. The technique challenge was to use the Dahlia Fold so I pulled out my SU Wintergreen papers and a circle punch and punched out 8 circles. I folded them following the directions linked on the site. Then I added a brad to the center and tried to decide which papers to use for my card so the flower would stand out.



I went with a SU soft sky card base with a layer of SU wintergreen paper. Then a mat of SU always artichoke with another mat of bazzill paper (not sure what color green). A mat of SU soft sky finished with another layer of SU wintergreen paper. The strip is SU always artichoke and more bazzill green. The warm wishes is from the Hero Arts Frames & Messages set. I went with "Warm Wishes" because the temp here today is 20 below zero with a wind chill factor of -40. All of the public schools are closed today due to the freezing temperatures. It's hard to believe that on Monday the temperature was 38 above zero. I must say it was a nice break from the cold even if it was short lived!

I hope that wherever you are you are safe and warm! Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love this card -- it is just fabulous!!!

Erika H. said...

This is so gorgeous...love the patterned paper you chose. Wonderful card!