Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Winterland in Browns


I am having the best time using this recycled craft paper. It was in a bound journal that I purchased on clearance and took apart so I could use it on cards. I stamped the deer from BasicGrey's Winterland set in timber brown stazon and then stamped a couple of the ornaments from the same set in colorbox white pigment ink. The tag is cut from a coaster that I dyed with Stampin Up basic brown re-inker. I used my cuttlebug for the tag die and stamped the greeting in white pigment ink using a $1 stamp from Michael's. I tied a brown satin ribbon around the card and attached the tag using burlap string from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts. The designer paper was in my scrap stack so I don't know the name. Just a simple but fun card. I think it will make a nice Christmas card for my Dad.

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is a great card, love your creativity

Kay Kalthoff said...

What a wonderful card! I really LOVE the way you re-used the kraft paper!

Mary said...

I love that you made a masculine Christmas card. I'm sure that your father will love it. :)

Mary

Lynda said...

I LOVE this card Beth! I have gone back and forth about buying that set and I think you have pushed me to get it with your fantastic card! TFS!

~Lynda