Monday, December 10, 2007

Stitched Cherry Blossoms

I am having the best time with my sewing machine. As an added bonus I had to clean my craft room in order to make a space on my counter for my sewing machine so now my craft room is clean and ready for new messes. I'm embarrassed to admit how messy my room was. I had stacks of stuff on the floor (designer papers and magazines), my ribbon bins were overflowing, my counter was covered in scraps and stamps and ink pads and markers and punches that all needed putting away. I'm happy to report it is now straightened up enough that I found room on my counter for my sewing machine. I pulled out my rubber stampede cherry blossom stamp for this card. I wanted to make a few flat cards for easy mailing so I just sewed the green panel on the craft background and then sewed the flower panel on top without adding any more layers or pop dots. Sometimes it's nice to be able to throw a card in the mail without having to worry about extra postage or the envelope tearing from a bulky embellishment. I think I may go back and add a little sparkle to the flowers though to dress it up a bit. The flower was stamped using palette noir ink and colored using my watercolor wonder crayons and copic markers. I also added some sponging to the edges of the flower panel using seashell pink ink.

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty and elegant.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

i love this! no embellies...i like that too! :) -anna.