Thursday, December 6, 2007

Melted Pearls

I've had two sets of pearl ex (Series I and II) for years and I finally tried the tutorial for melted pearls. What a great technique. When I have used pearl ex in the past I've just brushed it over versamark and sealed it with aerosol hairspray so the pearl ex doesn't rub off on everything but melting it into the clear embossing powder is genius!


I used the melted pearls technique on the small flower center and the linograph background piece. If you're not familiar with the technique, just stamp your image in versamark, heat emboss with clear embossing powder and while it is still warm brush pearl ex over it. Then reheat a little so the pearl ex melts into the embossing powder. Once cooled brush off any excess pearl ex and you're done. I love the results and will be using it again. The sketch is from Scrappin' and Stampin' Chat. I found the link for it on Inspiration Blooms.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping.

Supplies: Paper - white, craft, buckaroo blue, designer paper from scrap box (no markings). Stamps - baroque motifs, linograph both from Stampin Up. Ink - buckaroo blue, versamark. Accessories - pearl ex, clear embossing powder, heat tool, pop dots, brad, sewing machine

1 comment:

Michelle Pearson said...

Hi Beth....
I love your submission for the Embellish-It Sketch Challenge!
You were selected the winner on my blog: www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com.
Please email me with your snailmail address so I can get your blog candy out to you!!