Saturday, November 24, 2007

Time to try sewing


This week's Ways to Use it challenge on SCS was to add stitches to your card I figured it was time to try sewing on my card. My Singer sewing machine is in need of repair so I broke out my little Provo Craft Sew Crafty Mini. The nice thing about the Sew Crafty is that it's tiny and doesn't weigh anything, unlike my old Singer.

I started with a red base (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) and added a 4x4 square of Gretel paper from Cosmo Cricket. The main image is on SU very vanilla. I stamped the greeting using the Holiday Wishes set from Papertrey in Stazon Timber brown. The PSX pine branch was stamped in SU True Thyme and the red circles were stamped off once using SU cranberry crisp. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. Sewed around the edge, then layered it on a square of the reverse side of the Gretel paper and a layer of SU chocolate chip. Added a prima flower to the corner with a fancy brad for the center and now it qualifies for last week's "Unique Brads" challenge too.

Thanks for stopping.

No comments: