Sunday, November 25, 2007

More sewing


After a good cleaning, some oil and a new needle I got my sewing machine to work. So I decided to make a card with some zigzag stitching. When my Believe set from Papertrey Ink first arrived I stamped several santas with palette black noir ink on craft paper and sat one evening and colored them. They have been sitting in a stack ever since so I pulled one out and stitched it onto some bazzill green from my LSS. I stamped the sentiment from the Papertrey Faux ribbon set in colorbox chalk warm red and layered it but the punched out circles seemed to big for the sentiment so I decided to try adding some stitches to that piece too. Then I colored a petite prima with my copic marker to match and added a gemstone to finish it. For the ribbon, I used the slot punch on the santa panel so I could feed the ribbon through and tie it into a bow.

No comments: