Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


In honor of Thanksgiving I made a turkey card. The template for this card is from Susan Stringfellow of the Inque Boutique's design team. For my card I started with a marigold morning base (5 1/2 x 4 1/4) and then added a layer of kraft paper. I sponged the edges of the craft paper with close to cocoa and chocolate chip and then used my sewing machine to pierce the edges.
Quick Tip: A fast way to paper pierce is by using your sewing machine without threading the needle.
I stamped Lizzie Anne Jolies Fleurs with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink on the craft layer but once it dryed it's no longer visible. Oh well. Next time I'll have to use a darker ink. The Happy Thanksgiving is from Double D rubber stamps and stamped in Palette Noir Black ink. I added the swiss dot ribbon to the bottom for some balance and then cut out the turkey using the template (link above). His feathers are Frances Meyer Indio Plaid, body is Stampin up Marigold Morning and beak is We R Memory Keepers. All of the edges were sponged with close to cocoa and chocolate chip. The eyes were drawn on with a copic multiliner. The bottom of the body was also stamped with Lizzie Anne fleurs. The turkey is mounted on pop dots for a little dimension.

Thanks for stopping.

No comments: